Backup and Recovery Checklist
- Policies should be in place prescribing backup and recovery procedures.
- All staff should understand the recovery plan and their duties during recovery.
- System restore procedures should be known to at least one trusted party outside the practice.
- A copy of the recovery plan should be safely stored off-site.
- Files identified as critical should be documented and listed in the backup configuration.
- Backup schedule should be timely and regular.
- Every backup run should be tested for its ability to restore the data accurately.
- Backup media should be physically secured.
- Backup media should be stored offsite are encrypted.
- Backup media should be made unreadable before disposal.
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq.
Stuart J. Oberman is the founder and President of Oberman Law Firm. Mr. Oberman graduated from Urbana University and received his law degree from John Marshall Law School. Mr. Oberman has been practicing law for over 28 years, and before going into private practice, Mr. Oberman was in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 Company.
Read More =>