Tips for Reducing the Risk of Embezzlement
The practice owner should always:
1. Be involved with the front office
2. Never use or have a signature stamp in the office
3. Review lab bills – invoices vs. billed amounts, patient names
4. Review phone bill details
5. Have mail delivered to the practice owner’s desk unopened
6. Review monthly credit card statements
7. Inform trusted employees that all banking transactions must be approved before any action takes place
8. Have payments received by mail stamped with the bank deposit stamp
9. Check the “For Deposit Only” bank stamps to ensure that account numbers are correct
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq.
Stuart J. Oberman is the founder and President of Oberman Law Firm. Mr. Oberman graduated from Urbana University and received his law degree from John Marshall Law School. Mr. Oberman has been practicing law for over 30 years, and before going into private practice, Mr. Oberman was in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 Company.
Read More =>