As we quickly move into 2023, Human Resources (HR) managers must be prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. Whether a business is a start-up or a Fortune 500 company, an HR compliance check is mandatory.
The following should be reviewed:
- Federal regulations to which you are subject
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): minimum wage, and overtime
- Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Equal Employee Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Upcoming changes to local, state and federal law, as well as regulatory changes.
HR compliance is no longer an option. HR and hiring managers must continue to remain updated regarding laws that change on a local, state and national level.
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq.
Stuart J. Oberman is the founder and President of Oberman Law Firm. Mr. Oberman graduated from Urbana University and received his law degree from John Marshall Law School. Mr. Oberman has been practicing law for over 30 years, and before going into private practice, Mr. Oberman was in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 Company.
Read More =>