Minimize your risk for dental malpractice claims by following these patient interaction tips:
- Be selective when choosing to take on new patients. Exercise caution with potential patients who criticize and complain about former care.
- Never criticize the patient’s former care provider.
- Establish a clear and open line of communication between you and your patients, especially when discussing issues such as care, treatment, billing, and finances.
- Express sensitivity to patient privacy issues, and maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Never allow patients to mandate care.
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq.
Stuart J. Oberman is the founder and President of Oberman Law Firm. Mr. Oberman graduated from Urbana University and received his law degree from John Marshall Law School. Mr. Oberman has been practicing law for over 28 years, and before going into private practice, Mr. Oberman was in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 Company.
Read More =>