There are many opportunities for employee embezzlement to occur in a dental practice. There are, however, certain steps you can take to help prevent employee embezzlement. You must be diligent.
- Make smart hiring decisions.
- Screen all potential employees.
- Conduct background checks on all employees.
- Educate yourself on how employees embezzle.
- Protect your signature and identity.
- Learn how to use your computer system.
- Check your day sheets, audit changes, preview daily reports, and question all adjustments.
- Make sure to verify all credit card charges.
- Be visible, vary your schedule, and practice what you preach.
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq.
Stuart J. Oberman is the founder and President of Oberman Law Firm. Mr. Oberman graduated from Urbana University and received his law degree from John Marshall Law School. Mr. Oberman has been practicing law for over 30 years, and before going into private practice, Mr. Oberman was in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 Company.
Read More =>