As we quickly move into 2023, Human Resources (HR) managers must be prepared for the challenges that lie ahead. Whether a business is a start-up or a Fortune 500 company, items listed below should be followed. HR compliance is mandatory.
• Track all time for onsite and remote employees (Portal to Portal Act).
• Pay overtime to non-exempt employees
• Track FMLA, and PTO separately
• Make sure all employees understand compliance rules, especially regarding sexual harassment.
• Comply with laws for final paycheck and unused PTO, regarding employees that are discharged or resign (Final paycheck laws).
HR compliance is no longer an option. HR and hiring managers must continue to remain updated for laws that change on a local, state and national basis.
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq.
Stuart J. Oberman is the founder and President of Oberman Law Firm. Mr. Oberman graduated from Urbana University and received his law degree from John Marshall Law School. Mr. Oberman has been practicing law for over 30 years, and before going into private practice, Mr. Oberman was in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 Company.
Read More =>