Oberman Law Firm is a fast growing and expanding law firm that represents local, regional and national clients in a wide range of practice areas, including private equity, M&A, healthcare, corporate transactions, intellectual property, regulatory compliance and governance, cross-border transactions, labor and employment, construction law, litigation, private client services, corporate restructuring, and white-collar and governmental disputes. As a firm, we offer the highest quality legal advice coupled with extraordinary and tailored service to deliver exceptional results to our clients. We invest deeply in the brightest legal talent and build dynamic teams that operate at the pinnacle of respective practice areas. We believe in empowering our firm members, encouraging entrepreneurialism, operating ethically and with integrity, and collaborating to bring the very best to every client engagement. These principles have guided us in building extraordinary and successful long-term partnerships with our clients.
The Human Resource Generalist and Attorney Recruiting position will require a combination of HR expertise, strategic thinking, and exceptional communication and relationship/building skills. The Human Resource Generalist and Attorney Recruiting will closely collaborate with firm leadership, the attorneys and team members in order to maintain the firms’ culture, as well as implement and further the firms’ strategic goals and growth objectives.
The Human Resource Generalist and Attorney Recruiting will oversee and direct the HR functions of the firm, hiring and interviewing, administering benefits, and leave, and implementing firm policies and practices. In addition, the Human Resource Generalist and Attorney Recruiting will be responsible for screening, recruiting, and training firm employees, as well as administering compensation benefits, and day-to-day support for employees, including long-term strategic planning.
As a part of the firms strategic and long-term growth, the Human Resource Generalist and Attorney Recruiting will also be responsible for lateral partner attorney hiring and recruiting, which will include research, development and the implementation of effective recruiting strategies to attract qualified attorney lateral partners on a national basis.
- Human Resources:
- Design and execute effective talent acquisition and retention strategies.
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for firm positions, including job postings, screening resumes, conducting interviews, and making hiring recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws, regulations, and internal policies throughout the recruitment process.
- Audit employee benefits and HR programs, and makes recommended corrective action.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Provide expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve the firm’s goals and objectives.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance, and performance evaluations.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the firm attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Schedule interviews; prepare interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
- Coordinate and manage the employee onboarding and integration.
- Lateral Partner Recruitment:
- Develop and implement strategies to attract high-quality lateral partner candidates.
- Proactively identify potential partner prospects through various channels, including market research, referrals, and networking.
- Conduct thorough evaluations of partner candidates, assessing their legal expertise, business development potential, and cultural fit with the firm.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices, talent acquisition strategies, and employment laws and regulations.
- 5 Years of Related Experience
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with the utmost discretion and professionalism.
- Detail-oriented mindset with excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Broad HR experience including talent and performance management.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, data analytics and relationship management.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to quickly learn the organizations talent management systems.