Labor and Employment Law
Oberman Law Firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group provides experienced guidance in order to maximize our clients’ competitiveness, productivity, and efficiency.
Labor and employment law matters arise around the clock, and in multiple time zones. As our clients’ needs change, so do we.
Our industry experience is vast. We represent clients on a national, regional, and local basis which includes large corporations to small businesses.
Employment and Labor Law Practice Areas:
- Wage and hour
- Internal and external investigations
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Retaliation and Whistleblower actions
- Discrimination based on race, sex, pregnancy, disability, and age
- Wrongful termination and harassment
- Noncompete Agreements
- Employee contracts, compensation, and severance
- Breach-of-contract claims
- Policies and procedures, employee handbooks, employment contracts, and restrictive covenants
- Employment issues during corporate transactions, including mergers, restructurings and insolvencies, dispositions, and other events
- OSHA compliance
- Trainings for executives, managers, and supervisors on managing discipline, terminations, leaves, and requests for accommodations
- Disability accommodation, and FMLA compliance
- U.S. Department of Labor audits
- Operational advice
Employers, whether large or small, face workplace regulations and potential litigation involving employees. At Oberman Law Firm, our labor and employment law attorneys understand the complexity and sensitivity of employee relations and workplace issues.
Our attorneys have extensive experience providing employers with cost-efficient advice and aggressive defenses on employment and labor law matters.
We have a broad range of practice areas and services, including:
- Employment Advice and Investigations
- Employment Litigation
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Restrictive Covenants, Enforcement and Trade Secrets
- Management – Labor Relations
- Workplace Health and Safety/OSHA
Employment litigation experience is our strength.
We assist a broad spectrum of employers, ranging from small family owned businesses to national corporations, in establishing policies, writing handbooks, resolving employee disputes, handling terminations and successfully defending against legal claims. By providing practical advice, based upon review and analysis of a client’s employment policies and practices, attorneys can often anticipate potential problems and assist clients in minimizing future claims and litigation.
We provide management training in the areas of sexual harassment, employee retention, hiring practices, and wrongful discharge.