GUIDANCE IN HEALTH CARE
Oberman Law Firm provides a full spectrum of consulting
services to telemedicine and health care clients throughout the nation. As
trusted partners, we understand operations, implement procedures and assist in
compliance solutions. Our goal is to identify issues and help our clients avoid
Oberman Law Firm is a premier health care law firm. The Firm’s unique structure ensures that the clients of Oberman Law Firm have access to accurate, up-to-date compliance services and advice. The Firm’s health care team is multifaceted and regularly works with a wide range of providers across the country with the full spectrum of compliance matters. The Firm has team members who regularly assist clients in developing or improving their own internal compliance program practices.
Oberman Law Firm has team members who regularly assist clients in developing or improving their own internal compliance program practices. The following are the services that are offered by our compliance team members.
- Develop and implement corporate compliance programs
- Assess the effectiveness of current corporate compliance programs
- Develop compliance policies and procedures to meet the needs of your organization
- Provide an interim Compliance Officer
- Provide Compliance Officer support either on site or remotely
- Assist with internal compliance investigations
- Conduct retroactive reviews related to potential refunds
- Create and deliver custom compliance education
- Create and maintain comprehensive and effective compliance audit programs
Oberman Law Firm regularly consults with clients on a full spectrum of compliance matters from the development or improvement of a client’s internal compliance program practices to regulatory solutions for those clients who have become the subject of a government inquiry. Oberman Law Firm is positioned to assess and make recommendations to clients related to establishing and maintaining effective compliance programs; determining the scope of and correcting any identified compliance issues; analyzing billing, coding and reimbursement issues; educating clients on coding compliance, sample selection and error rates; and developing proactive approaches to mitigating compliance risk.
As a premier health care law firm, we provide guidance on a wide spectrum of compliance-related issues, such as:
- Evaluating existing policies for compliance with applicable law, regulation and policy;
- CMS, OIG, and HHS misconduct, and applicable client policies, while also considering other compliance concerns, including those involving allegations of false claims;
- Reviewing research billing, auditing and coding questions, providing recommendations with regard to overall research billing process and performing research billing audits; and
- Interacting with federal agencies on behalf of our clients, including the Office of Human Research Protections and other federal agencies such as the Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights and the Office of the Inspector General.
IT ADVISORY SERVICES
Oberman Law Firm brings together the experience of senior leaders and the perspective that comes from repeat exposure to health care transactions. Our Firm members have established careers as they guide clients in complex health care matters.
- Services Summary
- IT Strategic Planning
- Merger, Acquistions, and Divestitures
- IT Service Provider
- EHR Hosting Provider
- Vendor Management
Our mission is to enable our health care clients to be effective by aligning their strategies, activities and measures of success with the health system’s overall goals and performance measures.
VENDOR MANAGEMENT & GOVERNANCE
Today’s health care technology, security and service delivery landscape is complex and ever-changing. For healthcare organizations, this environment presents specific challenges. To successfully enable and support business goals and initiatives, there is a need to rely on suppliers and service providers, broadly categorized as vendors. In many cases, vendor management is simply when the health care organization has a particular need in selecting a vendor, negotiating the lowest possible price and signing a contract, which is where most organizations end managing their vendors. While this may meet an immediate need, in essence, this has only created a transactional, short-term relationship with all vendors that fails to maximize the vendor’s value or strengthen the relationship with the vendors for long-term success. In addition, failure to comply with contractual obligations or not holding the vendor accountable for their obligations could lead to contractual breaches or weaken the organization’s legal position should it be necessary to end the agreement.
Vendor management is the discipline and organizational commitment for effectively managing vendors through the entire relationship: selecting the best vendors to meet business goals, contracting with the right terms, establishing appropriately sized ongoing management and governance with the vendors, monitoring their performance and building long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial to both parties. These activities require skilled resources and time, and when done correctly, help achieve the business goals and provide the high-quality service to your customers at an effective cost over the long term.
Our advisors understand each health care organization has its own unique structure, business goals and vendor portfolios, and will provide tailored, practical advice on how to implement a vendor management and governance structure that is flexible and meets the strategic objectives of your organization. Oberman Law Firm can support health in the following areas:
- Based on vendor portfolio and business goals, review existing or propose new vendor management structure, roles, responsibilities and processes to provide effective management of vendor contracts, transactions and relationships. This sets the foundation for all other work;
- Organize suppliers and service providers to allow for comparison of vendors offering similar offerings/services and creation of common scorecards for monitoring and rating vendor performance, costs and overall value;
- Assess current state partner continuum classification and determine desired future state continuum classification and recommendations for aligning;
- Provide best practices for enhancing and growing existing vendor relationships, or developing new ones as needed, that include effective communications, value alignment and strategic partnerships;
- Review vendor contracts and provide recommendations for changes to enhance vendor management, reporting and formal governance for ensuing contract compliance; and
- Review vendor performance monitoring, service level adherence, regular business reviews and reporting and identify opportunities for improving and enhancing.