- This event has passed.
The Business of Dentistry – Successful Practice Transitions and Financial Well-Being
September 20, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Learn from leading experts in the dental industry as they provide some of the most cutting-edge information on dental practice transitions and financial well-being. Speakers and topics covered at The Business of Dentistry seminar include:
Stuart J. Oberman, Esq.
Oberman Law Firm
• What buyers and sellers need to know
• From due dilligence to closing
• How to handle selling to corporate or a DMSO
• How to avoid landmines in the sale process
Bill Morris, CPA
Rozar Morris, LLC
• How to structure a partnership
• Tax perspective
• What you need to know for a successful buy-in
• How to avoid the tax consequence of a partnership buy-in
• Updates 2017 – New tax law (what every dentist needs to know)
Tiffany Stewart, Founder
The Value of a Dental Practice:
• Is it still a seller’s market?
• How do you determine the fair market value of a practice?
• Are DSO’s paying more for practices than individual dentists?
• What are some actual statistics on practices sold within the last 12 months?
Ben Cotton, Vice President
Dental Team Performance
Key Things to think about before and when you decide to Transition your practice:
• The current seller/buyer market
• Sellers have choices to make
• Planning to Optimize the Value of your practice
Harris M. Gignilliat, Senior Vice President
Wealth Management, UBS Institutional Consulting
• What is the impact of the recent tax reform, regulatory
changes, and the robust stock market to dental practice owners?
The event will be held from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (and dinner will be served) on September 20, 2018 at the Polo Golf and Country Club in Cumming, Georgia. Dentists are welcome to attend free of cost, and CE credit will be provided to those who attend. See the event flyer.