“What Every Practice Owner Must Know: Reopening – Post COVID-19, How to AVOID the Landmines” The following Town Hall Dental Video Series for the Georgia Academy of General Dentistry (GAGD) will take place Friday, July 10th at 12:00 PM EST. Leading experts Stuart J. Oberman, Esq., Lauren A. Mansour, Esq., and Usman Sajid, DDS will provide the latest updates on teledentistry, employer liability, and COVID-19 test kits in the dental industry. Please visit the Georgia Academy of General Dentistry Facebook page to watch it live.
Black Ops Management Solutions and CareStack will be hosting a free LIVE webinar series on June 10th, 2020, and June 11th, 2020 at 1:00 PM EST. Tune in next Wednesday to hear from Lauren A. Mansour, Esq. with the latest legal updates in the dental industry. Please follow the link below to register.
“COVID-19: Fast Forward – The Next Step” The following Town Hall Dental Video Series for the Georgia Academy of General Dentistry (GAGD) will take place Friday, April 17th at 12:00 PM EST. Leading experts Stuart J. Oberman, Esq., Roy S. Shelburne, DDS, Eric J. Morin, MBA will provide the latest management and teledentistry/legal updates in the dental industry. Please visit the Georgia Academy of General Dentistry Facebook page to watch it live.
Oberman Law Firm will host a follow-up webinar for The Georgia Academy of General Dentistry (GAGD) this Friday, April 10th at 12:00 PM EST. Leading experts Stuart J. Oberman, Esq., Lauren A. Mansour, Esq., Grace M. Tillman, Esq., Harris Gignilliat, CIMA®, C(k)P®, CRPS®, and Cory Sellers, CPA, CFP®, CRPS® will provide the latest financial and legal updates in the dental industry through COVID-19 and beyond. Please visit gagd.org for more information.
Telemedicine in the United States is experiencing a surge in demand amid the coronavirus outbreak. In response, teledentistry is expected to explode in usage.
- Live video (synchronous): Live, two-way interaction between a person (patient, caregiver, or provider) and a provider using audiovisual telecommunications technology.
- Store-and-forward (asynchronous): Transmission of recorded health information (for example, radiographs, photographs, video, digital impressions and photomicrographs of patients) through a secure electronic communications system to a dentist, who uses the information to evaluate a patient’s condition or render a service outside of a real-time or live interaction.
- Remote patient monitoring (RPM): Personal health and medical data collection from an individual in one location via electronic communication technologies, which is transmitted to a dentist or the provider (sometimes via a data processing service) in a different location for use in care and related support of care.
- Mobile health (mHealth): Health care supported by mobile communication devices such as cell phones, tablet computers, and personal digital assistants (PDA).
- That any dentist delivering services using teledentistry technologies will be licensed in the state where the patient receives services, or be providing such services as otherwise authorized by that state’s dental board [which for many states is a work in progress].
- That the delivery of services using teledentistry technologies are performed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations addressing the privacy and security of patients’ private health care information. The strict implementation of HIPAA guidelines and protocols is an absolute must.
COVID-19 Cut Through The Noise
Update on CARES Act, Employment Law and Practice Concerns, SBA Loans and Other Up To Date Financial Information. Tune in on the Georgia Academy of General Dentistry Facebook page on April 3, 2020 at 12:00 PM EST.
“Surviving COVID-19 Economically: Important Information about the CARES Act, Employment Practices and Legal Considerations” Live Webinar for The Georgia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (GSOMS) will take place on April 2, 2020, at 7:30 PM EST. Stuart J. Oberman, Esq., Lauren A. Mansour, Esq., Grace M. Tillman, Esq., and Eric J. Morin, MBA will discuss overcoming the financial and legal challenges facing the dental industry. Visit http://ga-oms.org/ to register.
Overcoming The Financial & Legal Challenges Facing Dentistry
The Georgia Dental Association (GDA) Live Webinar will take place on March 27, 2020, at 12:00 PM EST. Stuart J. Oberman, Esq., Grace M. Tillman, Esq., and Eric J. Morin, MBA will discuss overcoming the financial and legal challenges facing the dental industry. Visit www.gadental.org to register.
Join us on Facebook Live tomorrow, March 20, 2020, at 12:00 PM EST. Leading experts, Eric Morin, MBA, Stuart J. Oberman, Esq., and Grace M. Tillman, Esq. will address your COVID-19 Dental Practice Owner/Employer related questions. Click the link below to learn more.