As an employer, are you violating the law? Listed below are eight (8) of the most commons ways that employers violate the law, either knowingly or unknowingly.
- Using prohibited questions on job interviews.
- Refusing employees to discuss their salary with co-workers.
- Failing to pay overtime.
- Asking or allowing employees to work off the clock.
- Classifying employees as independent contractors but treating them as an employee.
- Disciplining an employee for complaining about their employer on social media.
- Failing to prevent a hostile workplace.
- Failing to provide paid sick leave in relation to COVID-19.
As employment law continues to evolve, employers must continue to review their policies and procedures. If not, employer beware.