As we move into 2021, below is an employer checklist for hiring new employees and an HR checklist.
New Employee Checklist
____ Application for Employment
____ Substance Abuse Policy and Procedure Manual
____ Notification and Authorization Form for Employment Investigative/Consumer/Credit Report
____ Criminal History Record Information Consent Form
____ Background Check Authorization and Release Form
____ Employee Direct Deposit Authorization Form
____ Employment Reference Check
____ Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9
____ IRS Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate Form W-4
____ Georgia Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate Form G-4
____ IRS Wage and Tax Statement Form W-2
____ New Hire Reporting Form
Risk Management Checklist
1. Prepare a new comprehensive employee manual (including a social media policy, cell phone and Internet policy), which also includes new overtime regulations.
2. Prepare a new employee package [documents for applications, credit screens, etc…], including employee evaluation and interim employee evaluations.
3. Non-disclosure and non-solicitation agreements
4. Website and social media disclaimers/privacy terms.
5. Intellectual Property (IP) protection (logos, slogans) (trademark/service marks filed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office].
6. Estate Planning (Wills, trusts, etc…)