Follow these 5 documentation tips to avoid future malpractice allegations:
- Always maintain thorough and detailed records of care, patient communication, and communication with additional providers.
- Create a standardized approach to documentation, and maintain the same record standards for every patient.
- Include narrative descriptions to patient records.
- Document a detailed account of informed consent and informed refusal discussions.
- Maintain healthy working relationships with other providers.