- Policies should be in place requiring use of anti-virus software.
- All staff should understand and agree that they should not hinder the operation of anti-virus software.
- All staff should know how to recognize possible symptoms of viruses or malware on their computers.
- All staff should know what to do to avoid virus/malware infections.
- Anti-virus software should be installed and operating effectively on each computer in compliance with manufacturer recommendations.
- Anti-virus software should be set up to allow automatic updates from the manufacturer.
- Anti-virus software should be fully up-to-date according to manufacturer’s standards.
- Handheld or mobile devices should support anti-virus software.